Join my over 38,800 friends on Twitter

Some Signs Of High Intelligence

Please note: This brief was taken out of  many answers on the quora website. Thanks.

To edit my answer better, and elaborate on the points I made, these are very basic compared the pure nature of high IQ which is typically more dynamic and strange than just these points.

To once again edit and avoid some confusion, I know and see some people read my answer as entirely ADHD, I do have it; yes. Quite ironic how I mentioned it first. But to clear up confusion, high IQ from my perspective does have some aspect of thought rumination that is not ADHD.

So to continue, I'll example better points such as what other people have mentioned as well.

  • Being a lone person, someone who thinks on their own away from the crowd
  • Collected, well thought out intuition
  • Visualization skills such as spatial memory which can be applied to artwork or other creative forms
  • Hyperthymesia (unnormal and oddly large memory of childhood)
  • Strange different interests such as specific and/or advanced subjects that others are not aware of at their level standard

And the ADHD points as an interaction between high IQ and ADHD:

  • Inability to prevent certain ruminative thoughts [ADHD related so that certain ideas or concepts in tunnel vision seem important and to be focused on actively]
  • reading several books at once (different pages from each book alternatively and taking away a lot of information from a small passage)
  • writing with full-heart intent on numerous topics
  • feeling concealed and thinking inside your head
  • having many like-minded people that may be above your age or the same age and older
  • having social misunderstandings that make it complicated to think in a well-thought-out fashion
  • having an addictive personality, or some type of schedule that makes sense to you because of time management [chewing gum, exercising in different ways, listening to music on repeat]

But there's more to this, these points are only so common and since this is picking up more traction. I'll make some more points.

  • Extreme interest and care to explain to other people
  • The extreme want to teach others, or share the facts or opinions with someone else
  • Making strong connections to only certain people that agree with very specific aspects
  • Making connections to fields of knowledge which generally wouldn't normally be put together.
  • Umbrella ways of branching thought patterns (umbral studies)
  • Knowing many things at once, and only practicing a group of them at a time before getting burn out and moving onto another set

Now I've come to a strange predicament. I was sitting at my desk and my mom comes in and says “River I need to talk to you" going on to rant about school work, she pointed to my desk with her eyes, and said, “I don't like how you are so careless with your space, you have so many books all over the floor and desk, your surrounded by books”

And I said: “yeah, and?”

She says: “yeah, that's not normal", that's when I realized I think at my desk, my life is at my desk, I work for life at my desk and have since I moved In, I'm genius, I'm not normal, I have physics notes and everything all over the place.

So, adding to the list:

  • Seclusion, hoarding, surrounding yourself with like items, and tunnel vision all together

Getting some comments asking whether it's anecdotal or not, I'd say partially. 


I took a lot from online stories, myself, education videos, and friends as my sources. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly Write Comments Related To The Article or Post Below, Thank You For Visiting.